Contract Administration Supervisor
At Rhode Island Housing, you can play an important role to ensure that all people who live or work in Rhode Island can afford a safe, healthy home that meets their needs. Our belief is that a home encompasses much more than four walls and a roof. A good home provides the foundation upon which families can thrive, children can learn and grow, and communities can prosper.
Join our Leased Housing & Rental Services Division as a Contract Administration Supervisor. This position is accountable for the supervision of the administration of contracts with HUD and owner/agents of multi-family housing developments including contract management, financial management and project servicing to ensure compliance with federal, state and Rhode Island Housing regulations and policies.
- Provide supervision and training to staff on a daily basis to ensure that all functions of the various housing programs are performed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with federal, state and HUD regulations, and internal policies/procedures.
- Accountable for providing technical assistance and training to Property Owners/Management Agents and their staff in federal, state and corporate rules and regulations pertinent to the Performance-Based Contract Administrator (PBCA) program.
- Assist in the management of the relationship with tenants, owner/agent, site managers, and the public with regards to communication and information on Section 8 programs, State Rental Assistance Program, HUD and multi-family housing.
- Participate in the resolution of complex operational and human resource problems as needed.
- Work with the Assistant Director and Director for the planning, organizing and direction of the administration of the various housing programs.
- Coordinate program needs and contract obligations with HUD, owner/agents, property management representatives and other parties. Process a variety of documentation in accordance of the HUD Section 8 Contract Renewal Guide.
- Ensure the requisitions and documentation related to assigned developments and/or contracts are completed accurately, processed in a timely manner and comply with federal, state and Rhode Island Housing guidelines so that all subsidies are received as needed.
- Responsible for the tasks and reports required by Rhode Island Housing and HUD, including reporting requirements and functions of the various federal housing programs.
- Effectively compile and write Management and Occupancy Review (MOR) reports detailing specific findings, criteria and corrective actions in the monitoring of project compliance in the following areas: Marketing and Tenant Selection, Leasing and Occupancy, Rent Determination and Subsidy Requests, Management of Maintenance Program, Response to Safety Concerns, Management of Tenant Relations, Review of Fair Housing/EEOC policies and procedures.
- Oversee the communication and relationship with owner/agents, property management companies, site management, HUD and tenants, Rhode Island Housing staff with regard to Section 8 programs, State Rental Assistance Program and affordable rental housing.
- Implements policies, procedures and systems to effectively monitor the multi-family portfolio, as well as units in other federal and state programs that Rhode Island Housing administers.
- Keep current on applicable federal/state laws and regulations; advise staff of changes; and maintain current procedure manuals.
- Minimum five years related housing management experience including supervision and training.
- Working knowledge of HUD regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and negotiations skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, business administration, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Property Management Certification.
- Bilingual ability preferred (particularly Spanish or Portuguese).
- Use of personal vehicle, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our mission, serving borrowers in need of a safe and affordable home.
- Possess a high level of integrity and deep respect for customers, partners and fellow employees.
For more than 40 years, Rhode Island Housing has been making it easier for people to make Rhode Island their home. We provide low-interest loans, grants, education, advocacy and consumer counseling to help our customers rent, buy and retain their homes. We also offer special programs to ensure that these homes are safe and healthy. From our rental assistance, Homebuyer Education and safe, affordable mortgages to our partnerships with developers and our work with non-profit community organizations, Rhode Island Housing is the state’s leading resource for housing needs.
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, life and AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, pension plan, deferred compensation plan, paid vacation, education reimbursement and transportation subsidy.